Reports and Resources
Crime Trends and Incarceration Rates in Oregon
- The report Crime Trends and Incarceration Rates in Oregon reviews crime statistics in states with and without mandatory minimum sentences and shows that similar drops in crime occur in states without mandatory minimum sentences.
Brennan Center for Justice
- The Brennan Center for Justice is a non-partisan law and public policy institute that works on issues of democracy and justice like voting rights and access to the courts through scholarship, legislative and legal advocacy.
Cost-Benefit Knowledge Bank for Criminal Justice
- The CBKB is a project of the VERA Institute of Justice and Bureau of Justice Statistics with the goal of improving the understanding and use of cost-benefit decision making in criminal justice policy making.
Drug Policy Alliance
- The Drug Policy Alliance is a national organization working to reform drug policy and end the war on drugs.
FAMM (Families against Mandatory Minimums)
- FAMM is a national organization advocating for sentencing reform at the state and federal levels.
Justice Policy Institute
- The Justice Policy Institute provides research and promotes effective policy solutions to social problems and works to end society's reliance on incarceration.
- Justice Strategies provides national research and advocacy for criminal justice reform.
Oregon Criminal Justice Commission
- The Oregon Criminal Justice Commission provides up-to-date research and analysis regarding Oregon's public safety system.
Pew Center on the States
- The Pew Center on the States compiles reports on corrections and public safety including One in 100: Behind Bars in America 2008 and One in 31: The Long Reach of American Corrections.
The Sentencing Project
- The Sentencing Project is a national organization that advocates for sentencing reform and alternatives to incarceration and publishes a number of useful reports.
The Vera Institute of Justice
- The Vera Institute of Justice works on making justice systems fairer and more effective through research and innovation.
Washington State Institute for Public Policy (WSIPP)
- The Washington State Institute for Public Policy carries out practical, non-partisan research with a particular focus on criminal justice.
- About Us
- Our Work
- Safety and Sentencing
- Crime Survivors
- Youth Justice
- Legislative Work
- Information Center
- Press Room
- Take Action